Monday, September 3, 2007

Folding the Kid's Clothes Could Be Easier

Okay! My husband gets our 4 year old daughter into her jammies at night, and removes her clothes by pulling them off and inside out. I do her laundry and spend too much time turning these clothes back the right way out. And this pisses me off.

Here's the laundry plan in our house: our 10 year old son does his own laundry. My husband does his own laundry. I do my own laundry, plus the 4yr old's, plus all the sheet, plus all the teatowels, plus anything else in the house that is fabricy, of which there is plenty. But that's fine by me, because a few years ago, before I saw the light and got everybody to do their own laundry, I was inundated with it, and spent a big chunk of every day doing bloody laundry. I highly encouraged everyone to rewear their pants and anything else that wasn't too smelly but there were still piles and piles all the time. Now, I do laundry once a week, about 3 or 4 loads.

Everything is peachy except for the huge quantities of little girl clothes that I have to turn and fold every week. Man she makes a lot of laundry. One small hamper contains at least three thousand articles of her little clothing. The girl can't dress herself if the clothes are inside out, so turning them the right way is necessary to getting up and at 'em every morning.

Now, it takes 4 seconds to fold something that's turned the right way. And 11 seconds to fold something that needs turning. Multiply that by three thousand bits of clothing, and we're talking a helluva lot of my life gets spent turning these sodding tiny pieces of clothing the right way out. My husband is incapable of retaining the memory of my asking him to turn things right way out at bedtime. The only thing I can do to make him remember is to make him do her laundry. Heh heh heh. I shall secretly enjoy this.

No comments: