Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy for now

Last week a motorist tried to run me off the road, and since I protested, he slowed down and tried a few more homicidal tricks to teach me to shut my mouth. I was so mad that I was completely unable to vent in this space. I took sleeping pills to get to sleep that night. The next day I was all wacked out from the pills and still stewing over that motorist. If I got any madder or obsessed with running it through my mind, I would have lost my mind.

Having reached the nadir of anger, there was only one way to go -- towards the zenith of happiness. Funny thing. I've felt pretty darn chipper this last week. I couldn't concentrate on being mad because being mad made me too mad. It's fine to be a little mad and rant about the annoying things in life. But when something really anger-inducing happens, if you let yourself get really angry then you're doomed.

I'm happy for now. And hey, my husband even started turning the wee one's clothes right way out before chucking them in the laundry basket. Life is good!

No comments: